The name College Park first appeared on the unit’s platform in February 1925, filed by Cooper-Atha-Barr (CABCO). A group of 201 lots stretched from today’s Edgewater Drive east to University. It was bounded in the south by New Hampshire and in the north by Princeton. Street names Princeton, Harvard, Yale and Cornell already existed; Walter Rose used them in his 1921 unit, Rosmer. In subsequent sections, Rosemere Rose added Vanderbilt, DePauw, and Amherst. He acknowledged a nationwide enthusiasm for the college-named streets, but he also wanted to advertise his name. And so when CABCO decided to develop west of Rosemere, they took the opportunity to name their large College Park division. They expanded existing university streets and added more. They were so successful at selling lots that later, in 1925 and 1926, they divided the sections of Golf Course and Country Club, as well as six additions.
Together, the CABCO units formed a rectangle that extended from the University to the Rio Grande and from New Hampshire to Vassar, with another rectangle extending north to Brin Maura east of Edgewater, and a square extending south to Golfview between Westmoreland and Northumberland. As the unit grew, the idea of creating College Park as a name for the area, which includes many other groups, such as Edgewater Heights, Concord Park, Adair Park, Ivanhoe Heights, Anderson Park, Dubsdred, Palm Terrace, grew. The College Park Neighborhood Association (CPNA) defines College Park as the area between South Orange Flowering Pathway and Orange Avenue and Colonial Drive and Fairbanks Avenue. There is need to install excellent Home Security Systems in College Park FL to maintain its reputation.